- a Capital Return of 19.5 cents per ordinary share (the ‘Capital Return’);
- a Share Consolidation of all its ordinary shares at a share consolidation ratio of 0.9760 (the ‘Consolidation’); and
- a fully franked Special Dividend of 5.5 cents per ordinary share (the ‘Special Dividend’).
Stock Doctor will automatically apply the 'Capital Return' and 'Special Dividend' for IAG in your portfolio, although you will need to enter the Share Consolidation manually.
Please see the instructions below in order to account for the IAG 0.9760 for 1 consolidation:
- Under ‘Securities Held’ find the row Insurance Australia Group Limited (IAG).
- Click the drop down arrow button next to ‘Transaction’ on the same line, and select 'New Consolidation'.
- ‘Adjustment Date’ is 05/11/2018.
- ‘Type of reconstruction’ should be changed to Consolidation.
- Change “Each 1 unit(s) becomes 1 units” to “Each 1000 unit(s) becomes 976 units”.
- Check that the adjusted figure for “Holding after the reconstruction date” matches with your statement – if not then make any necessary adjustments.
- Should you wish to enter notes for this transaction, please do so under ‘Notes’
- Click Save.