Please see the below in order to account for the Wesfarmers (WES) $0.75 per share return of capital and 1: 0.9827 share consolidation.
Instructions for Stock Doctor
Firstly, enter the Wesfarmers (WES) Capital Return.
1. Click on the 'Portfolio’ tab and then click on the appropriate portfolio under ‘My Portfolio(s)’
2. Under ‘Securities Held’ find the row Wesfarmers (WES)
3. Click the drop down button next to ‘Transactions’ on the same line, and select ‘New Capital Return’ function
- Under ‘Date Received’ enter 28/11/2014
- Under ‘Amount Per Share ($)’ enter $0.75
The amount under ‘Total Received ($)’ should be calculated automatically
7. Should you wish to enter notes for this transaction, please do so under ‘Notes’
8. Click SAVE
Secondly, enter the Wesfarmers (WES) Consolidation.
Next we need to account for the 1 for 0.9827 consolidation,
- Under ‘Securities Held’ find the row Wesfarmers (WES)
- Click the drop down button next to ‘Transactions’ on the same line, and select 'New Consolidation'
- ‘Adjustment Date’ is 01/12/2014
- ‘Type of reconstruction’ should be changed to Consolidation
- Change “Each 1 unit(s) becomes 1 units” to “Each 10,000 unit(s) becomes 9,827 units”
- Check that the adjusted figure for “Holding after the reconstruction date” matches with your statement – if not then make any necessary adjustments.
- Should you wish to enter notes for this transaction, please do so under ‘Notes’
- Click SAVE