WRT into SCG
On 30 June 2014, the Westfield Retail Trust (WRT) received from the Westfield Group (WDC) its Australian and New Zealand assets. Following this, WRT was renamed to Scentre Group (SCG). Consequently, eligible WRT security holders will receive 0.918 Scentre Group (SCG) securities and a $0.2853 capital distribution for every WRT security held.
Please see below a set of instructions outlining how to account for the demerger. For illustrative purposes only, the following assumptions regarding the WRT security holding have been made:
Trade date: 14/10/2012
Total: $ 2,721.95
1. Under portfolio director, click on the portfolio containing WRT. It will take you to another screen.
2. Under securities held, click on WRT. It will take you to the WRT screen.
3. Under 'Trades and Adjustments', click on ‘Other Transactions’ and choose ’New Reconstruction’.
4. In the window that will open, enter the following information in the General tab.
Date : 25/06/2014
No. shares to participating- 1000
New holding for which rollover relief applies
Code : SCG
Quantity: 918 (1000 x 0.918)
Cost base rolled over (%): 100.00
4. Enter the following information in the Income & Capital Return tab
Capital Return: $ 285.30 (1000 x 0.2853)
5. Click on Save.