How can we help you today?

Newcrest Mining Limited (NCM) Enters into binding scheme implementation deed with Newmont Corporation (NEM) May 2023.

Newcrest Mining Limited (NCM) has entered into a binding scheme implementation deed (SID) with Newmont Corporation (Newmont), in relation to a proposal for Newmont to acquire 100% of the issued shares in Newcrest by way of a scheme of arrangement (Newmont Transaction).

Newcrest shareholders will receive 0.40 Newmont shares for each Newcrest Mining Limited held and a Special fully franked pre-completion dividend of USD $1.10.

Here are the instructions to account for your portfolio manager:

Special Franked Dividend:

The special fully franked dividend of AUD $1.72440821 per share, will automatically appear in your portfolio manager, with a payment date of 27 October 2023.


Portfolio Manager:

  1. Click on the name of the portfolio that you hold Newcrest Mining.
  2. Click on the share code NCM
  3. In the new window, please scroll down to “Trades and Adjustments”
  4. In the drop-down menu click on “New Reconstruction”


5. In the new window, please enter the following:

    • Date: 30/10/2023
    • Number of shares participating – Is your current NCM holding
    • In the box titled ‘New holdings for which rollover relief applies’ enter the following:
      • Code: NEM
      • Quantity: It's your NCM holding multiplied by 0.4 (e.g. 10,000 X 0.4 = 4000)
      • Cost base rolled over (%): 100

6. Then click on the ‘Trade Allocation’ tab



7. In the ‘Trade Allocation’ tab, click on the drop-down menu of ‘allocation of Trades’ and select your allocation of trades method.




8. Then click the “Save” and you have now accounted for the binding scheme for NCM.

9. Click the "Back to Securities" button, found in the top left hand corner to see your new share holding in Newmont Corporation.


Our team in the office are ready and willing to assist you with any questions you have about any of the content above. Please give us a call on 1300 676 333 or email us at with any questions you may have.

However, we are not licensed to provide tax advice and therefore anything which relates to tax or your personal circumstances we will not be able to answer. In order to have personal tax or finance questions answered, you will need to seek the services of a licensed practitioner who will be qualified to answer your queries.