How can we help you today?

Leo Lithium Limited (LLL) demerger from Firefinch Limited (FFX) - April 2022

Eligible shareholders will receive 1 Leo Lithium Ltd (LLL) share for 1.4 Firefinch Ltd (FFX) shares held at the record date: 6 June 2022.

Instructions below are for the Firefinch Ltd shares holders who have acquired the Leo Lithium Ltd (LLL) shares in the demerger.

Click on the 'Portfolio’ tab and then click on the appropriate portfolio under ‘My Portfolio(s)’, which includes the Firefinch Ltd (FFX) shares.

  1. Under the ‘Securities Held’ section, find the row Firefinch Ltd (FFX).
  2. Click the drop-down button ‘Transactions’ found horizontally to the right on the same line and select ‘New Reconstruction'.mceclip0.png
  3. In the Reconstruction window, enter the following: 
    • Date: 9 June 2022.
    • The number of shares participating should be the same as the number of FFX shares owned on this date.
  4. Under “New holdings for which rollover relief applies” enter the following:
    • Code: FFX, Quantity: same amount as “number of shares participating” and Cost base rolled over (%): 40.91
    • Click on the plus symbol (+) to add another line.
    • Code: LLL, quantity is the number of LLL shares. To calculate how may LLL shares you will receive, divide the number of FFX shares 1400 (in this example) by 1.4 = 1000 shares and Cost base rolled over (%): 59.09. (Factions of a share are rounded down.)
  5. At the top of this window, please click on the “Trade Allocation” tab
    Confirm that a trade allocation method has been selected.
    If not, from the drop-down menu select one of the following options:
    Oldest First, Newest First, Smallest Capital Gain, Largest Capital Gain, or Same Proportion of Each.
  6. Click Save and you have accounted for the demerger of Leo Lithium Ltd from Firefinch ltd.

Our team in the office are ready and willing to assist you with any questions you have about any of the content above. Please give us a call on 1300 676 333 or email us  at with any questions you may have.

However, we are not licensed to provide tax advice and therefore anything which relates to tax or your personal circumstances we will not be able to answer. In order to have personal tax or finance questions answered, you will need to seek the services of a licensed practitioner who will be qualified to answer your queries.