Tabcorp Holdings (TAH) June 2011 demerger of Star Entertainment Group (SGR).
Tabcorp Holdings (TAH) demerged its casino business from its wagering and keno businesses, and issued shareholders with shares in the new entity; Echo Entertainment Group (EGP). Eligible shareholders received 1 SGR share for each TAH share they own. Instructions below are for TAH investors who have acquired and held TAH shares on or after 20 September 1985 (implementation of CGT). The ATO has issued the tax ruling for this demerger Class Ruling CR 2011/66.
- Click on the 'Portfolio’ tab and then select the portfolio that contains the TAH demerger.
- Under ‘Securities Held’, select Tabcorp Limited (TAH).
- Click the drop down button next to ‘Transactions’ on the same line, and select ‘New Reconstruction’.
- In the Reconstruction window, enter the following:
- Date as 10th June 2011. The number of shares participating should be the same as the number of TAH shares owned on this date.
- Under “New holdings for which rollover relief applies” Do the following:
- Code: TAH, Quantity: same amount as “number of shares participating” and Cost base rolled over (%): 47.07%
- Click on the plus symbol to add another line.
- On the new line, Code: SGR, Quantity: same amount as “number of shares participating” and Cost base rolled over (%): 52.93%
- Click “Save” and you have accounted for the TAH/SGR demerger in Portfolio Director.